This High Density Receiver is suitable for 7T and 3T and has 32 channel receivers.
This receiver is used for head measurement. The ultra-thin mechanics and the position of the receivers get as close to the head as possible. Therefore it has a high sensitivity and a strong acceleration of image acquisition. It has comfortable cushions and a flexible 3D fitting.
This receiver can be combined with the following transmitters:
- Quadrature surface coil
- 8 channel visual cortex coil
- Neck U-tube transmitter
- Transmitters from other vendors
3D high resolution functional MRI of the cerebellum using the high density array. The advantage of fixing the coil elements close to the cerebellum assures high sensitivity, while the high density of elements assures strong acceleration . Consequently, 0.5mm isotropic fMRI of the cerebellum at 7T reveals highly localized activation .
Courtesy figure: Batson, Petridou et al. Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam and University Medical Center Utrecht, the Netherlands
See below for references.
References obtained with this coil or earlier versions:
7. Imaging oculomotor subsystems in the cerebellum at 7 Tesla. Melissa A Batson, Natalia Petridou, Dennis WJ Klomp, Maarten A Frens, and Sebastian FW Neggers. ISMRM 2014, 1422
6. Imaging the Intracranial Atherosclerotic Vessel Wall Using 7T MRI: Initial Comparison with Histopathology. van der Kolk AG, Zwanenburg JJ, Denswil NP, Vink A, Spliet WG, Daemen MJ, Visser F, Klomp DW, Luijten PR, Hendrikse J. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2014 Dec 4.
5. Seven-tesla magnetic resonance imaging of atherosclerotic plaque in the significantly stenosed carotid artery: a feasibility study. de Rotte AA, Koning W, Truijman MT, den Hartog AG, Bovens SM, Vink A, Sepehrkhouy S, Zwanenburg JJ, Klomp DW, Pasterkamp G, Moll FL, Luijten PR, Hendrikse J, de Borst GJ. Invest Radiol. 2014 Nov;49(11):749-57.
4. MRI of the carotid artery at 7 Tesla: Quantitative comparison with 3 Tesla. Koning W, de Rotte AA, Bluemink JJ, van der Velden TA, Luijten PR, Klomp DW, Zwanenburg JJ. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2014 Feb 27.
3. BOLD specificity and dynamics evaluated in humans at 7 T: comparing gradient-echo and spin-echo hemodynamic responses. Siero JC, Ramsey NF, Hoogduin H, Klomp DW, Luijten PR, Petridou N. PLoS One. 2013;8(1):e54560.
2. High-resolution MRI of the carotid arteries using a leaky waveguide transmitter and a high-density receive array at 7 T. Koning W, Bluemink JJ, Langenhuizen EA, Raaijmakers AJ, Andreychenko A, van den Berg CA, Luijten PR, Zwanenburg JJ, Klomp DW. Magn Reson Med. 2013 Apr;69(4):1186-93.
1. Pushing the limits of high-resolution functional MRI using a simple high-density multi-element coil design. Petridou N, Italiaander M, van de Bank BL, Siero JC, Luijten PR, Klomp DW. NMR Biomed. 2013 Jan;26(1):65-73.